Meet the Team
pmm stands for Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters and is a 'free to all' evidence based, online information resource about paediatric musculoskeletal medicine. pmm India is a version of pmm written by a team of paediatricians working in India to ensure that the content is relevant for the clinical context.
pmm India aims to raise awareness about musculoskeletal medicine and facilitate early diagnosis and improve access to the right care, so that clinical outcomes will be improved.
How has pmm India been developed?
- pmm India was developed by a team of Indian paediatricians who have amended content to be relevant to the local clinical context.
- pmm India is a partnership between the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) and Newcastle University, UK.
- pmm India (August 2015) is supplemented by CME certification through IAP (September 2015).
- The pmm India team is led by Dr Raju Khubchandani from Mumbai, India.
- pmm India is 'free to all'. Registration is needed to access the videos.
- Guidance on how to use pmm India is available in our Top Tips series in Resources.
- Funding for pmm and pmm India has been obtained from unrestricted educational bursaries.
pmm India team - Dr Raju Khubchandani, Dr Ajit Gajendragadkar, Dr Tapas Sabui, Dr Pranav Chickermane, Dr Nehal Shah, Dr Prajakta Joshi Ranade, Dr Anand Rao, Dr Sujata Sawhney, Dr Manjari Agarwal
pmm was originally developed in Newcastle UK by a team led by Professor Helen Foster as a collaboration between Newcastle University and Northumbria University. The team includes doctors, nurses, therapists, social scientists, web designers and developers and experts in clinical education. Children in the clinics have providing drawings - we hope you enjoy these as much as we do !